Geeta M. Baliga

I am Geeta Baliga born in Chennai and grew up in Calicut, Kerala.


I got married at the age of 21 to Mohan Baliga and moved to Hubli. I have 2 daughters and a son.


I was an entrepreneur and ran a very successful pre-school called Rose Bud in Hubli for 35 years. All my children are settled in North America. I have 5 grand children.We are now settled in the US to stay closer to our children.


Konkani cuisine is known for great fish curries and other seasonal delicacies like "Kadgi Chako" and "Keerla Sukhe".


We constantly had family visiting us for whom I helped cook barrels of curries, chakkulis and ubbatis, phenories, shevai, thile undo, halvas, etc. I had friends from various parts of India - Punjabi, Maharasthrian, Savji and Lingayat (Hubli locals) from whom I learnt to make other types of cuisines. Over time my reputation grew as a good cook in the family and circle of friends, particularly for seafood.


I update this blog as and when I prepare the dishes. If you find these recipes interesting please leave your comments in comment box below each recipe. and also add to my followers group . This will encourage me to continue with my efforts !


All the recipes are listed in alphabetical order on the right hand side and sorted by labels on the left side

Friday, April 22, 2011

Vegetable Hakka Noodles



INGREDIENTS & METHOD:

2 packets of Hakka noodles.
Boil 2 liters water in a large vessel.
Add little salt ,little oil while boiling the water.
when the water reaches boiling point add the noodles.
After the noodles r cooked, drain the water.
spread this in a plate.
Mix it with oil to avoid sticking and cool it.

Oil - preferably olive oil 6 to 7 tbspn.
chop carrot , beans , brocoli and cabbage (altogether 1 1/2 cupsof vegetables).
1 / 2 cup chopped spring onion.
1 / 4 cup sprouts.
1 large onion chopped length wise.
1 green or red capsicum chopped length wise.
1 tbspn ginger garlic paste.


Heat oil in a thick bottom flat kadai.
Add chopped onion + ginger garlic paste.
Fry till it becomes translucent.
Add chopped green capsicum or red capsicum (green pepper) + chopped spring onion.
stir for a while.
Add vegetables and stir and toss for a while till they are cooked.
Add salt to taste.
when vegetables r done add cooked noodles, 3 tbspn soya sauce +2 tbsp vinegar.


Add little chilli powder and pepper powder, mix.
Serve hot with veg gravy if needed or garnish with chopped green onions.

2 comments:

  1. Love Indian Chinese. Will try this soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks yummy ..i am going to try it out..

    ReplyDelete