Geeta M. Baliga

I am Geeta Baliga born in Chennai and grew up in Calicut, Kerala.


I got married at the age of 21 to Mohan Baliga and moved to Hubli. I have 2 daughters and a son.


I was an entrepreneur and ran a very successful pre-school called Rose Bud in Hubli for 35 years. All my children are settled in North America. I have 5 grand children.We are now settled in the US to stay closer to our children.


Konkani cuisine is known for great fish curries and other seasonal delicacies like "Kadgi Chako" and "Keerla Sukhe".


We constantly had family visiting us for whom I helped cook barrels of curries, chakkulis and ubbatis, phenories, shevai, thile undo, halvas, etc. I had friends from various parts of India - Punjabi, Maharasthrian, Savji and Lingayat (Hubli locals) from whom I learnt to make other types of cuisines. Over time my reputation grew as a good cook in the family and circle of friends, particularly for seafood.


I update this blog as and when I prepare the dishes. If you find these recipes interesting please leave your comments in comment box below each recipe. and also add to my followers group . This will encourage me to continue with my efforts !


All the recipes are listed in alphabetical order on the right hand side and sorted by labels on the left side

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sprouted Green Gram Curry | Maharastrian Usal







Ingredients:

Sprouted Green Gram / Moong - 1 cup
Green chillies - 4, chopped
Oil - 4 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Tomato - 1 big, chopped
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tbsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste


Method:

1. Heat oil in a pan and fry chopped onion, ginger garlic paste and green chillies.
2. When half brown add chopped tomatoes and fry till it becomes mushy.
3. Add garma masala powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chillii powder, turmeric powder, salt and 1/2 of the coriander leaves and stir for a while.
4. Add the sprouted moong to it, add some water to cook it. Cook till it is dry.
5. Add rest of the coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapaties

2 comments:

  1. whoah this blog is fantastic i love studying your articles.
    Keep up the good work! You already know,
    a lot of people are hunting round for this information,
    you could aid them greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different website and thought I should check things out.
    I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to finding out
    about your web page again.

    ReplyDelete