Geeta M. Baliga

I am Geeta Baliga born in Chennai and grew up in Calicut, Kerala.


I got married at the age of 21 to Mohan Baliga and moved to Hubli. I have 2 daughters and a son.


I was an entrepreneur and ran a very successful pre-school called Rose Bud in Hubli for 35 years. All my children are settled in North America. I have 5 grand children.We are now settled in the US to stay closer to our children.


Konkani cuisine is known for great fish curries and other seasonal delicacies like "Kadgi Chako" and "Keerla Sukhe".


We constantly had family visiting us for whom I helped cook barrels of curries, chakkulis and ubbatis, phenories, shevai, thile undo, halvas, etc. I had friends from various parts of India - Punjabi, Maharasthrian, Savji and Lingayat (Hubli locals) from whom I learnt to make other types of cuisines. Over time my reputation grew as a good cook in the family and circle of friends, particularly for seafood.


I update this blog as and when I prepare the dishes. If you find these recipes interesting please leave your comments in comment box below each recipe. and also add to my followers group . This will encourage me to continue with my efforts !


All the recipes are listed in alphabetical order on the right hand side and sorted by labels on the left side

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Gram Flour dry dish( Besan junka Lingayat dish )

Gram flour dry dish ( Lingayat besan  Junka )
1 cup besan ( gram flour)
1 bunch spring onion wash clean and chop in to small pieces
chop one medium size onion
Blend coarsely 10 green chillies and and 5 flakes of garlic and keep aside
 Heat 3 to 4 tbspn oil in a flat bottom kadai
 Splutter 1 tspn cumin seeds
Add chopped onion
stirr till it is transulant
 add the the blended green chilly paste
  chopped spring oinion
 add 1/4 cup  chopped coriander leaves
 Stir tiil the green onion is cooked

 stirr for a while
 add 2 cups of water
add salt to taste
 when the water is boiling, sprinkle the besan evenly in the water stirring constantly ( see there should not be lumpswhile stirring )
 close with a lid and keep this on a medium flame . stirr this frequently  till it becomes dry
 serve with mot usal fr  roties . 

No comments:

Post a Comment