Geeta M. Baliga

I am Geeta Baliga born in Chennai and grew up in Calicut, Kerala.


I got married at the age of 21 to Mohan Baliga and moved to Hubli. I have 2 daughters and a son.


I was an entrepreneur and ran a very successful pre-school called Rose Bud in Hubli for 35 years. All my children are settled in North America. I have 5 grand children.We are now settled in the US to stay closer to our children.


Konkani cuisine is known for great fish curries and other seasonal delicacies like "Kadgi Chako" and "Keerla Sukhe".


We constantly had family visiting us for whom I helped cook barrels of curries, chakkulis and ubbatis, phenories, shevai, thile undo, halvas, etc. I had friends from various parts of India - Punjabi, Maharasthrian, Savji and Lingayat (Hubli locals) from whom I learnt to make other types of cuisines. Over time my reputation grew as a good cook in the family and circle of friends, particularly for seafood.


I update this blog as and when I prepare the dishes. If you find these recipes interesting please leave your comments in comment box below each recipe. and also add to my followers group . This will encourage me to continue with my efforts !


All the recipes are listed in alphabetical order on the right hand side and sorted by labels on the left side

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Buns Roti

Method:

1 big cup maida
1/4cup thick butter milk
1/2  cup sugar or( little more sugar if necessary)
1 over ripe banana mashed.
1 tspoon soda bicarb
1 pinch salt
Mix together to make a firm soft dough
If necessary only , can add little more buttermilk to kneed  the dough
Kneed well and keep for 6 to 7 hours .
If u r making in the morning keep it over night.
Divide the dough in to round lemon size  balls .
Roll the balls in slightly  thick puries applying maida on both sides
Heat oil in a pan just like you would  fry puries and fry over a medium flame,
till light brown turning over twice .
Relish with Tea as a snack.

1 comment: